Marine Energy Victoria Discussion Paper (Department of Sustainability and Environment)
The west coast of Victoria offers the best potential for the siting of turbines but a significant number of considerations affect the siting and installation of wave energy devices.
· Variability and Trends in the Australian Wave Climate and Consequent Coastal Vulnerability (Australian Greenhouse Office)
· Wave Resources in Victoria (Sustainability Victoria)
Technically, future potential also exists at the narrow entrances of significantly large bays and inlets such as Port Phillip Bay, Westernport Bay and Corner Inlet. A significant number of considerations would however affect their siting and feasability.
· Tidal Energy Systems (Murdoch University)
· Tidal Energy Fact Sheet (Australian Institute of Energy)
· Tidal Resources in Victoria (Sustainability Victoria)
· Inquiry into the Approvals Process for Renewable Energy Projects in Victoria. February 2010. (Environment and Natural Resources Committee)
· Australian Energy Resource Assessment. March 2010 Joint Geoscience Australia and ABARE report.
|Copyright / Disclaimer
Page last reviewed - 13 April 2010